Jewellery Care Guide
Your jewellery goes on many adventures with you. The effects of these adventures can take its toll, which is why you should learn to care for it. By following these handy tips you can help keep your jewellery looking as beautiful as the day you bought it.
Always put your jewellery on after applying any beauty products like make-up, perfume or hairspray to reduce corrosion, tarnishing and discolouration. Rinse off any chemicals that come into contact with your jewellery.
Don’t shower, bathe or swim with your jewellery on. Chlorine and salt water are especially damaging!
Remove your jewellery before doing housework, gardening, sports, cooking or sleeping.
How To Clean Your Jewellery
Regularly cleaning your jewellery at home will help keep its sparkle. However, we recommend getting your jewellery professionally cleaned in-store once a year. Daily wear can dull the surface of precious metals, so use the below guides to help keep your jewellery sparkling.
Cleaning Gold & Platinum Jewellery
You can clean your gold and platinum jewellery by following 5 easy steps below - includes rose and white gold pieces too. If your jewellery has pearls, be careful when cleaning as they require extra special care.
- Add some washing up liquid to a bowl of lukewarm water and mix to create a soapy solution.
- To loosen any dirty, soak your jewellery in the bowl of washing up liquid for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take your jewellery out of the bowl and gently scrub using a soft-bristled toothbrush. By using a soft-bristled toothbrush you will avoid scratching the surface of your jewellery.
- Soap can leave a residue on your jewellery. Rinse well in clean water to make sure you remove all the washing up liquid.
- Dry and polish your jewellery with a jewellery polishing cloth. Our jewellery polishing cloths are designed to use on all types of gold and platinum jewellery and help to restore the original sine and keep it looking like new. The cloths are reusable and designed to last, so they can be used again and again!
To help keep your jewellery sparkling try our jewellery cleaning products below: